Amazon place l’intérêt du client au premier plan et travaille à être l’entreprise la plus orientée client au monde.
The Engineering Operations Cluster Manager (AWS Data Center) is responsible for the management of all aspects of the performance of the data center infrastructure within a specific location. The role requires a highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to problems.
AWS Data Centers
AWS pioneered cloud computing in 2006, creating cloud infrastructure that allows customers build securely and innovate faster. We continuously innovates the designs and systems within our Data Centers to protect them from man-made and natural risks. As a result, Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will work on changing the face of Cloud Technology in the region.
People and Culture
To succeed in AWS, people must be self-motivated, highly technically-minded and intent on delivering world-class results. You will put the customer first in everything you do and build trust and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business. Our team culture is collaborative; it is designed to empower and enable to you to succeed. We take pride in the diversity that is achieved by the global talent within the company. We promote and develop a strong safety culture.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
· Setting and maintaining the highest standard for safety and actively promoting a world-class safety culture
· The key performance metrics for a significant number of large scale Data Centers distributed across multiple AWS owned and Co-location sites (hosted by 3rd party service providers.) by continuously drives improvements while delivering performance against agreed metrics
· Delivering 100% uptime on all customer supporting infrastructure
· Strategic planning and execution of all corrective and preventative maintenance activities on all mission-critical infrastructure
· Managing strong technical teams with responsibility for the training and/or development of others to ensure operational excellence
· Successful delivery of a portfolio of strategic projects on critical infrastructure
· The successful delivery of build-out and retrofit of facility infrastructure in existing and new regional locations
· Managing vendor performance by consistently setting high standards, driving accountability and conducting regular performance reviews
· Risk Management: adopt and plan corporate risk strategy.
· Critical Event Response readiness (planning, escalation/incident management, customer impacting event management response and recovery.)
· Experience working and managing within complex organizational matrix, manage and grow relationships between cross-functional teams.
· 12+ years’ experience in a high-volume mission-critical operational environment (eg data center, healthcare, high technology manufacturing, large scale production, aviation maintenance) preferably 7x24x365 operational experience & responsibilities.
· 10+ year’s relevant management experience in engineering/technical management for medium to large scale engineering operations (preferably electrical and mechanical)
· Proven experience of strategic project/portfolio management delivering medium and large scale technical projects
· First-hand knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, employee relations, leadership techniques, operational performance, and coordination of people and resources.
· Demonstrated customer-facing manager with ability to deliver results
· Experienced vendor performance management
· Ability to prioritize in complex environment.
· Strong IT skills; experience and knowledge of MS Office suite
· Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels within the organization, with a requirement to have excellent communications skills through English.
· Leadership and organizational skills with proven track record of developing and managing high performing technical/engineering teams
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering discipline (preferred) or demonstrable equivalent (lesser qualification + equivalent work experience.)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Sélectionnez le secteur qui vous intéresse ci-dessous et n'oubliez pas votre adresse email!