Pole To Win Europe Ltd. is looking for highly motivated and responsible people to join us as in-house Videogame Translators and/or Proofreaders.
The Pole To Win group is a leading company in providing quality services to the games industry with over 20 years of experience. Our West London Studio opened in April 2012 and has experienced continual growth ever since.
The responsibility of a Videogames Translator
includes the translation of in-game contents and any other translations, such as in-game text, promotional text, manuals and more, that may be necessary for the final product.
Other responsibilities for the roles may include:
- creating and maintaining terminology databases/glossaries for games contents,
- translation of internal and external documents and
- translation of contents for all clients.
We will work with game titles for many major publishers before they are released.
Successful candidates will be working in a team and, expected to actively interact with other team members. We believe that team work is one of our strongest values which will help us achieve the highest quality possible. Excellent communication skills will also be required.
All candidates will need to be available to work with us on either a casual basis or a project by project basis, depending on the length of the project.
Long term opportunities may be available to the right candidate who is able to demonstrate the adequate skills and attitude.
The position is open to any person based in London
or able to relocate within a short period of time after being accepted for any position.
- Most fluent language: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese
- Excellent fluency in English
- Translation experience (Preferably within the games industry)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet given deadlines
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Interest and knowledge of videogames and platforms
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience with CAT tools
- Understanding of games industry and game terminology
- Passion for video games
- Previous experience in Localisation QA (Quality Assurance) of video games will be an advantage